Things I Learned About/From Mister Rogers

This is the section for live action kids' shows of Yesteryear.
Kitty

Things I Learned About/From Mister Rogers

Post by Kitty »

Here is going to be an ongoing list of things we learned from or about Mister Rogers from watching his show. Feel free to join in if you can think of anything! In no particular order, of course.

1. You hold an armadillo up by the tail.
2. Mister Rogers is ok with making mistakes, and lots of them!
3.Mister Rogers played clarinet when he was a kid, but never got good at it. (Me, too! Didn't love it, though.)
4. Mister Rogers can play the piano!
5. Mister Rogers did not always wear his iconic sweater! He sometimes wore a lab coat (smock), or other things depending on what we were going to play today.
6. Not every episode included a trip to The Neighborhood of Make Believe. I was surprised, too! So far, I have watched one episode that did not bring us there.
7. King Friday the 13th sure has a lot of rooms in his castle!
8. The parts of a violin include the ribs, bridge, scroll, neck, and.... surprise! the back! ☺️
9. 4 Words: Silence in my kitchen! 😂 Boy, I sure thought Chef Brockett was annoying at first. All that shushing and whatnot. I mean, who is he to tell Mister Rogers not to speak in his own kitchen! He's growing on me a bit.
10. Mr. McFeely the Speedy Delivery man has no time for play!
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Re: Things I Learned About/From Mister Rogers

Post by donnie »

An excellent list. Dear Mr. McFeely...I'd forgotten about him.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

11. Mister Rogers "goes to work" after our visits with him.
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

12. The neighborhood trolley is not required to go to the Neighborhood of Make Believe.

donnie

Post by donnie »

Kitty wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:52 pm
12. The neighborhood trolley is not required to go to the Neighborhood of Make Believe.
Hey, why not?

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:39 pm
Kitty wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:52 pm
Hey, why not?
We sometimes had visits where the trolley was not featured! It would fade into blur and the next scene we were in make believe.

donnie

Post by donnie »

:) Ah, I see!

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

13. After 59 episodes we learn that Mr. Rogers has a bathroom!

donnie

Post by donnie »

Kitty wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:42 pm
That's good! They do come in handy sometimes. ;)

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:02 pm
Kitty wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:42 pm
That's good! They do come in handy sometimes. ;)
Hahaha. I've always wondered where the bathroom would be, but it's down the hall past the kitchen! He has ugly towels, though.