Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood

This is the section for live action kids' shows of Yesteryear.
donnie

Re: Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood

Post by donnie »

:D

dachshundonstilts

Post by dachshundonstilts »

We had five of those Mister Rogers albums when I was a kid.
Off the top of my head:

Won't You Be My Neighbor
Let's Be Together Today
A Place of Our Own
You Are Special
... and finally his concept album, Josephine the Short-Necked Giraffe.
"I feel so low, old chap, that I could get on stilts and walk under a dachshund." - Monty, It (1927)

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

I'd love to have just one of those! Thankfully we have YouTube for some of them.
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

I saw the documentary the other day in theaters. It was so fantastic, and a nice homage to his work.
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

I just saw an episode where he asked Picture Picture to show video of when he was a baby. It was fascinating to see his father, mother, and grandfather! The footage was from the late 20s and early 30s and went from just a few months old where he could barely lift his head to when he was about three years old or so. It was very cool.

donnie

Post by donnie »

Yes, it sounds so!

donnie

Post by donnie »

Our pastor spoke this morning on healing. He talked about how as Christians we should reach out a hand of understanding and friendship to try to lessen the division and bitterness in our society. And guess who he used as an example in his sermon....? :D

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

MISTER ROGERS! He must have just seen the documentary. Haha

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

It's too bad that I couldn't find a video of him singing this song, but I'll post this anyway. It's really a sweet song. I love the tune so much. Parents Were Once Little Too.

https://youtu.be/l5zNHgi9P28

donnie

Post by donnie »

Hey, have you been to Google today?