Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood

This is the section for live action kids' shows of Yesteryear.
Kitty

Re: Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood

Post by Kitty »

Garden of Your Mind tribute
https://youtu.be/OFzXaFbxDcM
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Post by donnie »

That's pretty cool! Thanks for sharing. :-)

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:04 pm
That's pretty cool! Thanks for sharing. :-)
You're welcome! I think it's fantastic.
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Here is the very first episode of Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood in 1968. Well worth the watch. ☺️
[Edit: video deleted, unable to find replacement]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=467_WIAlQ58

donnie

Post by donnie »

Mr. Rogers was Mr. Rogers right from the beginning, wasn’t he. So relaxed and natural... He had such an intuitive understanding of children. Little things putting the hand up and down with the ladder—I would never have thought of that.

You know, if more people in this country had watched Mr. Rogers, I don’t think we’d have the level of violence and tragedy we have today. He affirmed so many children that had no one else to affirm them.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Yes!! You get it. Even as an adult I'm watching and learning, and, boy! It's pretty inspirational! The show makes me want to do arts and crafts, and his smile makes me happy!
Am I in love with 1968 Mister Rogers? I think so. :lol:

donnie

Post by donnie »

Kitty wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:01 pm
Yes!! You get it. Even as an adult I'm watching and learning, and, boy! It's pretty inspirational! The show makes me want to do arts and crafts, and his smile makes me happy!
Am I in love with 1968 Mister Rogers? I think so. :lol:
:lol: Yes, I think that's definite. I find him strangely comforting to watch, myself.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

I wanted to add that the above episode was the first national broadcast of Mister Rogers' Neighborhood. He had been doing the show since 1961, entitled Misterogers, and before that he had been doing the puppets on The Children's Corner, from 1955, Josie Carey being the human in the show.
[Edit: video deleted, replacement unavailable]
Here is the second episode of Mister Rogers. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kO1hMVzAQ-A

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

A big happy birthday to Mister Rogers! Fred Rogers was born on this day in 1928.
Attachments
GettyImages-515113250.jpg
GettyImages-515113250.jpg (4.28 MiB) Viewed 8395 times

donnie

Post by donnie »

Happy Birthday, Mister Rogers!