Movies You've Seen In the Theater

Where we can talk about photoplay created after the silent era!
Kitty

Movies You've Seen In the Theater

Post by Kitty »

A random memory of my mom and I seeing Runaway Bride (1999) in the theater prompted this.

When I was a teenager, my mom and I went to Subway and then we decided to see a movie. After we'd bought the tickets, the ticket taker said we couldn't bring the food in, so we waited till they weren't looking and ran in with the food anyway. :lol:
I saw that movie in theaters more than once.

What memorable times have you had in the movie theaters? What movies were your favorite? Have you ever seen a movie multiple times in the theater?
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Re: Movies You've Seen In the Theater

Post by donnie »

That sounds like a nice memory.

Afraid I don't have anything to contribute. I've been trying to think of a memorable theatre experience, but can't really recall any. I've never been a big theatre goer anyway, so that may be why. :)

The last one I saw was Wonder Woman a few years ago and didn't really care too much for it.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

I didn't think Wonder Woman was that great, either. I think Joker was the last one I saw in theaters, though it took some figuring to find that out. Crazy how time flies.
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

Mrs. Danvers

Post by Mrs. Danvers »

It's A Mad Mad Mad Mad World and Some Like it Hot, my parents always took me to the movies with them. :D those two movies really stand out in my memory. I was 11 years old at the time for It's a Mad etc. World and Crkey! only 7 years old for Some Like it Hot.
We didn't need dialogue. We had faces!

BettyLouSpence

Post by BettyLouSpence »

I think the last movie I saw in theaters was Jurassic World. Didn't care for the story... but I liked the super cool dino battles!
I wish my life was a non-stop Hollywood movie show
a fantasy world of celluloid villains and heroes
Because celluloid heroes never feel any pain
and celluloid heroes never really die...

Mrs. Danvers

Post by Mrs. Danvers »

Me and the mister like to wax nostalgic over "the good old days" when we could hardly wait for some movie coming out. Or looking for obscure films at little hole in the wall theaters.

When we could spend an entire day going to Seattle to catch some film we had been dying to see.

Oh yes, I sure remember going to see Picnic at Hanging Rock 1975 and another big event for us was The Road Warrior man can't believe that was 1981. We were completely blown away with The Road Warrior with all of it's extremely well done over the top action.

Memories, pressed between the pages of my mind
Memories, sweetened through the ages just like wine

Quiet thoughts come floating down and settle softly to the ground
Like golden autumn leaves around my feet
I touched them and they burst apart with sweet memories
Sweet memories
yujyk8.gif
yujyk8.gif (1.38 MiB) Viewed 2723 times

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Mrs. Danvers wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:20 am
Oh yes, I sure remember going to see Picnic at Hanging Rock 1975
That gif really made me smile! I needed that right now because something happened today that was upsetting to me.

Omg Picnic at Hanging Rock! That movie was so weird and mysterious! Love me some 70s horror! I think I watched that on IFC way back before it was a paid channel.

Mrs. Danvers

Post by Mrs. Danvers »

Kitty wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:42 pm
Mrs. Danvers wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:20 am
Oh yes, I sure remember going to see Picnic at Hanging Rock 1975
That gif really made me smile! I needed that right now because something happened today that was upsetting to me.

Omg Picnic at Hanging Rock! That movie was so weird and mysterious! Love me some 70s horror! I think I watched that on IFC way back before it was a paid channel.
Glad to help a tad bit. I hope everything is OK with you and yours.
We are living in very unsettling times and I have noticed that when any other thing goes wrong it seems to be amplified. I mean to say anything that is upsetting seems to be twice as upsetting it being piled on to everything else.
We are being piled on like an old compost heap.

I watched Picnic at Hanging Rock again not too long ago and it held up very well I thought. And for my taste the soundtrack is epic.
I'm simply mad about the pan pipes.

https://youtu.be/BP1OeuKGZTg