Vitaphone Vaudevilles

Where we can talk about photoplay created after the silent era!
Kitty

Re: Vitaphone Vaudevilles

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:50 am
Does it ever happen to you that when you discover something new—a song, video, book, etc.—that you associate it with a particular time of year from then on? I first ran across this Vitaphone in late summer or early fall, and every year about this time, I get a subconscious urge to hear it. :)

The Revelers, 1927
I always flashback to that time in my life.

Whenever I hear Crosby Stills and Nash's self titled or Deja Vu albums, I transport back to the early aughts when I was playing a Super Nintendo game called Donkey Kong Country 2 - Diddy's Kong Quest, specifically the honey bee level. I'd sit on the floor on the red carpet, about 3 feet from the tiny tv and play that game!
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

BettyLouSpence

Post by BettyLouSpence »

A lot of the videos shared and discussed in this thread are now no longer available, unfortunately...
I wish my life was a non-stop Hollywood movie show
a fantasy world of celluloid villains and heroes
Because celluloid heroes never feel any pain
and celluloid heroes never really die...

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

BettyLouSpence wrote:
Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:39 am
A lot of the videos shared and discussed in this thread are now no longer available, unfortunately...
Thanks. I've replaced them where I could, but a lot of them are still missing.
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)