Singin' In The Rain

Where we can talk about photoplay created after the silent era!
Kitty

Singin' In The Rain

Post by Kitty »

I just watched Singin' In The Rain in the theater. It was great. It was so cute because a small family group was there with little girls and they were laughing and really enjoying the film. It's cool to listen to the reactions of people and laughing at the parts that are supposed to be funny.
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Re: Singin' In The Rain

Post by donnie »

That sounds nice. :) I've actually never seen that film.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:04 pm
That sounds nice. :) I've actually never seen that film.
You should, even if it's just once. Or at least watch this. https://youtu.be/SND3v0i9uhE
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Post by donnie »

That's great! Donald O'Connor was really talented wasn't he? He reminds me of Danny Kaye in some ways.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

I was thinking the same thing while watching it in the theater. He was better than Gene Kelly in so many ways. That routine is amazing. It's all him, too, no stunt doubles.