Svengoolie

Where we can talk about photoplay created after the silent era!
Kitty

Svengoolie

Post by Kitty »

Svengoolie Saturday is my favorite day of the week. Every Saturday at 8pm Eastern beloved horror host Svengoolie hosts another old horror or sci fi movie on MeTV. My fellow Svenpals and I love to live tweet about the film and make funny jokes about it all throughout. This is the discussion thread about Svengoolie. 🙂
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

Kitty

Re: Svengoolie

Post by Kitty »

Tonight is The Leech Woman (1960). From IMDB- A scientist's (Grant Williams) wife (Coleen Gray) must kill men to make the serum that keeps her looking young.
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Post by donnie »

That sounds like a lot of fun. :-) Are these mostly movies from the 50s, 60s?

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:23 pm
That sounds like a lot of fun. :-) Are these mostly movies from the 50s, 60s?
Yes, mostly, and some from the 70s. It is really fantastic.

donnie

Post by donnie »

I imagine there are a lot of funny comments made. Watch out for the leeches. :shock: :o

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:37 pm
I imagine there are a lot of funny comments made. Watch out for the leeches. :shock: :o
None so far!!!

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

This Saturday, Sven will be showing The Medusa Against the Son of Hercules (1963). From IMDB-
Perseus (Richard Harrison) slays a fire-breathing swamp monster and revives an army turned to stone by Medusa.

Too bad I'll miss tweeting with my Svenpals, but I'll definitely be recording it!

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Next Saturday on Svengoolie is one I've heard of but have never seen. The Ghost and Mr. Chicken (1966)! This one has Don Knotts in it.
From IMDB-
A typesetter (Don Knotts) for a small town newspaper persues his dream of becoming a big-time reporter by spending a night in an alleged haunted house.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Tomorrow's movie is Barracuda (1978).
From IMDB-- A student tries to discover why Florida townspeople develop hypertension and nearby fish exhibit strange behavior.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Last night was Munsters Go Home (1966). I was busy, so I recorded it and will have to watch it later. From IMDB -- Herman (Fred Gwynne), Lily (Yvonne De Carlo), Grandpa (Al Lewis) and their ghoulish TV family go to England to claim an estate.