Svengoolie

Where we can talk about photoplay created after the silent era!
Kitty

Re: Svengoolie

Post by Kitty »

Svengoolie Saturday!

I just finished this a few minutes ago. It's the second embroidery I've made. By the way, tonight Sven will host Attack of the Puppet People (1958)
Attachments
IMG_20220219_154628.jpg
IMG_20220219_154628.jpg (4.43 MiB) Viewed 3063 times
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Post by donnie »

Wow. Nice!! I don't see how you do that.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:19 pm
Wow. Nice!! I don't see how you do that.
Thank you!
Wait til you see what I'm going to make next! I learned a way to print patterns directly onto fabric, and I printed the nursery rhyme Girl With A Curl. I'm going to embroider the letters, so excited. :lol:
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Tonight was Son of Dracula, a Long Chaney Jr. vampire film, which was pretty good! (I mean, it's Lonny Jr., how could it not be great?) Someone tweeted the link to this original press book!
https://archive.org/details/sonofdracul ... 3/mode/2up

Mrs. Danvers

Post by Mrs. Danvers »

Awesome embroidery Kitty. You are very gifted.
We didn't need dialogue. We had faces!

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Mrs. Danvers wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:44 am
Awesome embroidery Kitty. You are very gifted.
Aww, thank you! I think it just comes down to the fact that embroidery is extremely easy. Nevertheless, it's so much fun to do, and I love it.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

My electricity came on in time for Svengoolie!

Tonight, the famous 1975 made for tv movie Trilogy of Terror is on.
poster-780.jpg
poster-780.jpg (143.82 KiB) Viewed 2088 times
In the second segment, the man is Willie! It's Willie Loomis!!! I yelled at the screen. And pointed.

Actual photo of my reaction:
photo of me.jpg
photo of me.jpg (47.99 KiB) Viewed 2088 times
Interestingly, this movie was produced by Dan Curtis, and all the segments were written by Richard Matheson, who wrote Twilight Zone episodes and the book I am Legend.

In this second segment that Willie is in, the little girl is played by Dan Curtis' little girl. I thought that was an interesting but of info. 🙂

donnie

Post by donnie »

John Karlen, I'lI be darned. :D

I saw an interview with Karlen in which he was talking about how well he and Curtis hit it off when he was working on Dark Shadows. I'll bet that's why he turned up in this.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Just watched a past Svengoolie that I missed some weeks back. Thank goodness for DVR!

This one is the once-thought-lost The Old Dark House (1932).

It's standard spooky haunted house fare, but don't let that deter you from watching this beautifully restored classic. Lilian Bond is adorable in this. Boris Karloff is also here as a mute butler, plus Charles Laughton and Gloria Stewart, who you may know as old Rose in 1997's Titanic. It's star-studded, I tell you!

Anyway, I really enjoyed it, and if you get a chance to watch this early talkie, I'd grab at it.

donnie

Post by donnie »

Just watched The Old Dark House. You're right, this one is beautifully restored. It reminds me a lot of The Cat and the Canary, but without a plot—but still a lot of fun to watch. :D I loved the characters and the setting. Thanks for recommending it!