Sunset Boulevard TCM Big Screen Event

Where we can talk about photoplay created after the silent era!
Kitty

Sunset Boulevard TCM Big Screen Event

Post by Kitty » Sun May 13, 2018 10:26 am

Soooooo excited to see this one in the theater this afternoon! Woohoo!
Attachments
EK8L.gif
EK8L.gif (1.1 MiB) Viewed 311 times
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Re: Sunset Boulevard TCM Big Screen Event

Post by donnie » Sun May 13, 2018 2:15 pm

:D I hope you enjoy it!

Kitty

Post by Kitty » Sun May 13, 2018 4:01 pm

It was awesome! Gloria Swanson was amazing even on the big screen! ☺️
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Post by donnie » Sun May 13, 2018 4:17 pm

:D Wow, I'd like to see that in a theatre. Was this your first time seeing it? Didn't Gloria Swanson give a delightfully creepy performance? And Erich von Stroheim is, for the most part, so low key in contrast with his reputation from the silent film days.

I know Anna Q. Nilsson is in it—and some other silent star I can't remember—? I didn't know who she was when I saw it back years ago. I'd like to watch it again sometime and see if I can notice her.

Kitty

Post by Kitty » Sun May 13, 2018 4:58 pm

No, I have seen it too many times to count. She is amazing in it! She is amazing in everything, really. I think Erich von Stroheim is awesome, too. It's kind of funny how someone can get a reputation, but it's hard to imagine them like that, and others you can tell right away that the rumors are true. Anna Q. Nilsson, Buster Keaton, and H.B. Warner make cameos in Sunset Blvd during a bridge game the four are playing. It was thrilling to see Buster on the big screen, even if it was just five seconds.
I definitely shed a good amount of happy tears during certain scenes of the film. It's great to see these movies in the theater.