Casablanca TCM Big Screen Event

Where we can talk about photoplay created after the silent era!
Kitty

Casablanca TCM Big Screen Event

Post by Kitty »

I am so super excited that I'm actually going to see Casablanca on the big screen tomorrow night at 7!!!! YES! They've done stuff like that before, but I never could go. This time I will definitely be going because I just got finished pre-ordering the tickets! HOORAY! I may have to write a review about my experience. I hope I can watch it through the happy-tears I'll be crying.
Attachments
giphy.gif
giphy.gif (1.15 MiB) Viewed 3166 times
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Re: Casablanca TCM Big Screen Event

Post by donnie »

Wonderful! Be sure to tell us all about it!

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Yay!! I'm really early lol
Attachments
IMG_20171115_183603558~01.jpg
IMG_20171115_183603558~01.jpg (3.11 MiB) Viewed 3159 times
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Well that was so cool! People clapped, they laughed at the jokes, and it was just an all around cool experience. My only criticism would be that the volume should have been a little louder. And yes I cried at the part where Sam sings As Time Goes By. Beautiful movie. I'd attend another one of TCM's screenings in the future.

donnie

Post by donnie »

That sounds wonderful! I've heard so many people who have attended screenings of classics say similar—that it adds so much being able to see it as a part of an appreciative live audience. I can see how that would be—hope to experience it some day.