Ripley's Believe It or Not

Where we can talk about photoplay created after the silent era!
donnie

Ripley's Believe It or Not

Post by donnie »

Robert Ripley made whole series of these shorts in the 30s, sometimes aired by TCM. I like this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSzdOwtzMLI

Kitty

Re: Ripley's Believe It or Not

Post by Kitty »

There was also a 30 min radio series called Ripley's Believe It Or Not in the 30s.
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Post by donnie »

I didn't know that. There are also some Ripley museums. One is in Gatlinburg, Tennessee, where we often go on vacation. And another one is in St. Augustine (or used to be—I guess it is still there?). That might have been the first one. I remember visiting there as a kid and being fascinated.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

There is one in Orlando FL , too!
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

AAF34

Post by AAF34 »

I keep thinking about taking the kids to the Ripleys Believe it or Not Museum. I think all the neat things to see would be AWESOME!!

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

It's very interesting to go. I still have my booklet I got when we went through Orlando when we were first moving here in '04.