Who is this?

Where we can talk about photoplay created after the silent era!
donnie

Re: Who is this?

Post by donnie »

I'm surprised I got it!

I'll come back with a photo—
Here is a baby picture of much-loved and major star with a long and varied career. I'm not sure I would have guessed it, but you can see it easily when you know...
Attachments
3e17a3766f9d09fe7439e4a3697a2159.jpg
3e17a3766f9d09fe7439e4a3697a2159.jpg (47.27 KiB) Viewed 4370 times

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Stan Laurel
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Post by donnie »

No. Good guess, though! It does kind of resemble him.

Mrs. Danvers

Post by Mrs. Danvers »

The eyes look like Paul Mccartney, other than that I don't have anybody else in mind, yet.
We didn't need dialogue. We had faces!

donnie

Post by donnie »

No. Trying to think of how to give a hint without giving it away, but he's so well-known. Hmmm... Well, in real life, he had an outstanding military record.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

I am guessing Fred Astaire.
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Post by donnie »

No. :D Not only did he have a great military career, but he had a, uh, wonderful life overall. Well, he had a tough experience on some stairs one time, but that's another story. ;)

Mrs. Danvers

Post by Mrs. Danvers »

donnie wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:44 pm
No. :D Not only did he have a great military career, but he had a, uh, wonderful life overall. Well, he had a tough experience on some stairs one time, but that's another story. ;)
Jeez how dense am I. Great clues, my little gray cells must work better in the morning. It's Brigadier General Jimmy Stewart. He had an astounding military career as a pilot.

But the wonderful life clue did it. And Philadelphia Story

He starred in many of my favorite movies, Vertigo, Rope, Rear Window, The Man Who Knew Too Much (Hitchcock liked him too) Bell Book and Candle, The Flight of the Phoenix, (what great casting) and Harvey...

Oh have you guys seen No Highway In The Sky...oh that's a brilliant movie. Ok I'll stop now!

No Highway in The Sky
We didn't need dialogue. We had faces!

donnie

Post by donnie »

No, I've never heard of Highway in the Sky. That sounds like one to check out!

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

I've never heard of that one either!