Who is this?

Where we can talk about photoplay created after the silent era!
Mrs. Danvers

Re: Who is this?

Post by Mrs. Danvers »

Are you kiddin me....it's Jack Benny!!! I liked him too, The Horn Blows at Midnight is one of my old favorites,
although with Charley's Aunt, George Washington Slept Here and of course To Be or Not To Be.

This fresh face ended up starring in the quintessential film noir. Along with many many other notable performances in his long career. He always had his greatest successes when playing against type.

A couple of his first leading ladies, Katherine Hepburn and Claudette Colbert, (who he co-starred with 4 times that I know of).

We didn't need dialogue. We had faces!

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

I'm going to guess William Powell.
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

Mrs. Danvers

Post by Mrs. Danvers »

Kitty wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:47 am
Happy 4th of July. Nope not William Powell

donnie

Post by donnie »

I'm going to go out on a loooong limb...Fred MacMurray?

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Mrs. Danvers wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:02 am
Kitty wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:47 am
Happy 4th of July. Nope not William Powell
Darn! Happy 4th of July!
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

Mrs. Danvers

Post by Mrs. Danvers »

donnie wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:12 pm
I'm going to go out on a loooong limb...Fred MacMurray?
I had a dog and Bingo was his name-o.

It was extremely hard to find a picture that didn't really look like him.

Fred MacMurray had a very stellar career.

But he will always be Walter Neff to me and a lot of folks. His best work was when he played against type.

4th of July..Crikey! I think my neighbors were trying to recreate World War II and doing a bang up job of it.

donnie

Post by donnie »

All right! Image I wasn't sure, but I thought I could tell by the eyes. Fred MacMurray is a favorite of mine. He was marvelous in Double Indemnity, but what is most special to me is his portrayal of Steve Douglas in My Three Sons. That is one of my favorite shows of all time, especially the early B&W episodes. And also, the very first movie I ever saw in the theatre was Son of Flubber. :D

My neighbors were at it last night, too. I don't know what war they were trying to re-create. Maybe it was several combined. :lol: And I live in town where the houses are very close. :roll:

All right, here's a two-fer. (This may be too easy.) Both of these actesses starred in popular situation comedies in the early '60's. Hint: both series were set in New York City.
Attachments
235mtt.png
235mtt.png (170.33 KiB) Viewed 4658 times
ssrm@16.png
ssrm@16.png (155.73 KiB) Viewed 4658 times

Mrs. Danvers

Post by Mrs. Danvers »

Donnie I have been studying these two faces and I don't see a hint of anybody I might know. I need a crumb Donnie.

The dark haired gal reminds me of somebody, but I don't know who. The bottom gal's picture to me looks like something for the 1940s and the top one from the 50's early 60's. Oh and she is eating a hot-dog, well holding a hot dog bun anyway.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Both ladies look soooooo familiar.

Mrs. Danvers

Post by Mrs. Danvers »

I cheated everybody and wow, the first gal was such a surprise to me and now of course I see her as we all remember her the most, but she had some work done on her nose. I still won't spill the beans as to her name.

Honestly I am not a cheat by nature (what all cheats say LOL) .

Still no clue on the second gal.