Who is this?

Where we can talk about photoplay created after the silent era!
Kitty

Re: Who is this?

Post by Kitty »

The other person I thought it could be was Jean Harlow
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

It's funny, I think I put that picture in there with a Clara Bow slideshow I made a bunch of years ago. Oh well!! :lol:
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Post by donnie »

Well, it does look very much like a young Clara Bow. In fact, I'm thinking I may have seen it identified elsewhere as Clara, but I checked to make sure, and it's not.
Kitty wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:26 pm
The other person I thought it could be was Jean Harlow
No, but you're getting much warmer!

Mrs. Danvers

Post by Mrs. Danvers »

Ok you sure got me on this one, she looks vaguely familiar, but I am clueless on this gal.
We didn't need dialogue. We had faces!

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

I'm sorry, I cheated. I went to check on Clara Bow pictures last night, because I thought you were mistaken and turns out you aren't! :lol: who knew?! Bahaha. So anyway sorry. I know who it is. But that was a great one!!

donnie

Post by donnie »

Naughty girl! Ok, since you don't have a clue, Deb, this is—believe or not—Mae West. Sure changed didn't she? :o :) (I think she looked better before.)

Ok, here is another. Name the famous singer:
Attachments
052659965.jpg
052659965.jpg (35.44 KiB) Viewed 4826 times

Mrs. Danvers

Post by Mrs. Danvers »

donnie wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:08 pm
Naughty girl! Ok, since you don't have a clue, Deb, this is—believe or not—Mae West. Sure changed didn't she? :o :) (I think she looked better before.)

Ok, here is another. Name the famous singer:
Wow Donnie, funny thing is I am a real fan of Mae West movies, I mean come on she was so over the top. I wouldn't have ever guessed that was her, she looks better that way, but that wouldn't fit her persona very well.

no guess on this new singer gal.
We didn't need dialogue. We had faces!

donnie

Post by donnie »

Mrs. Danvers wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:59 am
Wow Donnie, funny thing is I am a real fan of Mae West movies, I mean come on she was so over the top. I wouldn't have ever guessed that was her, she looks better that way, but that wouldn't fit her persona very well.
At the site where the photo was, I read that her first performance was at a church social when she was five years old. So I imagine her performance style changed some as well. :lol:
Mrs. Danvers wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:59 am
no guess on this new singer gal.
Think country music. Blonde.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Ohhh! It must be Dolly Parton!

donnie

Post by donnie »

Kitty wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:54 am
Ohhh! It must be Dolly Parton!
Right! :D