Who is this?

Where we can talk about photoplay created after the silent era!
donnie

Who is this?

Post by donnie »

Kitty's post showing the baby photos of silent stars inspired this thread. I thought it might be fun to try to identify famous people from the sound era who are often hard to recognize from photos when they were younger.

Here is a person who was a very well-known TV personality in his later years, but was a pretty much unknown actor during this era of his youth. Can you identify him?
Attachments
ro4ro299.png
ro4ro299.png (153.73 KiB) Viewed 6771 times
ro4ro98.png
ro4ro98.png (112.72 KiB) Viewed 6771 times

Kitty

Re: Who is this?

Post by Kitty »

I love this idea! Unfortunately, I do not know this one. :) I'm sure someone else will get it!
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

I'll admit I cheated out of curiosity. It's amazing! I never would have guessed who that was.
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Post by donnie »

Me either. :)

Mrs. Danvers

Post by Mrs. Danvers »

How about a hint Kitty? I'm normally really good with faces, well I thought I used to be. LOL

Is he a game show host? or was he in a popular series ? just a wee crumb might help us.
We didn't need dialogue. We had faces!

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Mrs. Danvers wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:03 am
How about a hint Kitty? I'm normally really good with faces, well I thought I used to be. LOL

Is he a game show host? or was he in a popular series ? just a wee crumb might help us.
Donnie is the one who posted this initially, so I'll let him give a hint!

Mrs. Danvers

Post by Mrs. Danvers »

Kitty wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:54 pm
Mrs. Danvers wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:03 am

Donnie is the one who posted this initially, so I'll let him give a hint!
Oh jeez talk about not paying attention! Sorry Donnie, oh who can be bothered with such details. :?

donnie

Post by donnie »

:lol: Hint...let's see...think classic movies...

Mrs. Danvers

Post by Mrs. Danvers »

donnie wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:21 am
:lol: Hint...let's see...think classic movies...
Oh since Kitty confessed to "cheating" I did the same and I still would never ever gotten it right.

Even though of course I know the man, I sure didn't recognize him with his younger face.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Well, Donnie, since everyone knows this is Robert Osborne, I think it's time for a new one!!!! :)
I actually had no idea he was an actor. Very very interesting, yet hard one!