The Women (1939)

Where we can talk about photoplay created after the silent era!
Kitty

The Women (1939)

Post by Kitty »

This was a great movie! I just watched it, and I'd definitely recommend this one. One interesting thing about it is that not one man is cast in the film. Oh, men are talked about.... A LOT.... but not one appears in the film. This MGM film is very adult for a movie from 1939, which, if you remember, was the year The Wizard of Oz came out. There is also a color sequence that is beautiful. It's funny and interesting all the way through.
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Re: The Women (1939)

Post by donnie »

I watched the trailer on YouTube—looks like a very entertaining film! It has some great stars—I think that's the first time I've seen Norma Shearer in a talkie role.

Kitty

Re: The Women (1939)

Post by Kitty »

Me, too, and isn't it funny that she looks no different in this than her silents?? She's great in this. Actually they all are.... If you catch it on TCM make sure you watch it!
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)