Shirley Temple

Where we can talk about photoplay created after the silent era!
Kitty

Shirley Temple

Post by Kitty »

She was a guest on Dick Cavett, and they showed this clip from Captain January. The clip on the show ended right before the song starts in this video.

Anyway, the way she reacts when she sees the captain made me tear up.

https://youtu.be/JdqvQKOvLLQ?si=O0ajFz2PmbbOSjpO
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Re: Shirley Temple

Post by donnie »

I’ve never seen this film and so don’t know what is happening here, but she is cute. And I have seen clips of Buddy Essen dancing with her, which must be from this film. I love to watch Buddy Essen dance. :D

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 10:35 pm
I’ve never seen this film and so don’t know what is happening here, but she is cute. And I have seen clips of Buddy Essen dancing with her, which must be from this film. I love to watch Buddy Essen dance. :D
I never saw it either. Buddy Ebson had some seriously long legs, didn't he? According to the Internet, he was 6' 4".
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Post by donnie »

Well. I just learned my phone autocorrects Ebsen into Essen. I thought, I couldn’t have been that careless, and yep, it was the phone.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 10:53 pm
Well. I just learned my phone autocorrects Ebsen into Essen. I thought, I couldn’t have been that careless, and yep, it was the phone.
I'm relieved to hear this. 😆 But I wasn't going to call you out on it. :lol: