What Talkies Are You Watching?

Where we can talk about photoplay created after the silent era!
donnie

Re: What Talkies Are You Watching?

Post by donnie »

Kitty wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:42 pm
Vincent Price was really good in Last Man On Earth (1964). I love that late 1950s and up to the mid 1960s beat quality that you just don't get anymore.
I have a 50's groove going on now myself (from all those instructional films) and am experiencing a strange compulsion to binge-watch Leave It to Beaver. ;-)

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:58 pm
I have a 50's groove going on now myself (from all those instructional films) and am experiencing a strange compulsion to binge-watch Leave It to Beaver. ;-)
Right?! I've been wanting to binge watch that for a while now. It's astonishing how many episodes from the first 3 seasons I've seen already. TVLand must have had the rights to only the first few seasons when I was a wee lass watching the channel, and when it was a very different channel than it is today.
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

Mrs. Danvers

Post by Mrs. Danvers »

50's TV programming is very comforting especially now! How I long for those days.
The early Beaver episodes when the kids were so young are the best!
We didn't need dialogue. We had faces!

donnie

Post by donnie »

Mrs. Danvers wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:46 am
50's TV programming is very comforting especially now! How I long for those days.
Yes, I love all the sitcoms of that era, especially Father Knows Best and the early My Three Sons episodes.