Private SNAFU

This is where we will talk about all our favorite animation from days gone by!
Kitty

Private SNAFU

Post by Kitty »

Private SNAFU was a series of 26 cartoons created for the troops to boost morale with a message attached. They're kind of racy.
Mel Blanc was the voice of SNAFU. My first thought was "Hey, he has Bugs Bunny's voice!" :lol:
Booby Traps
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFdf2t3H-so
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Re: Private SNAFU

Post by donnie »

It's amazing how a lot of these ideas made their way into the later Bugs Bunny cartoons, like the "Annnnnnnhh, could be" and the booby-trapped piano key with the character missing the note. I think I remember reading that Dr. Seuss was in on the creation of these, too.

dachshundonstilts

Post by dachshundonstilts »

Yes, Dr. Seuss was one of the writers. I can't remember how many of the Looney Tunes directors were involved, but definitely Chuck Jones and probably Bob Clampett. There was a Snafu about mosquitoes which had some animation colored and reused later in an Elmer Fudd cartoon.
"I feel so low, old chap, that I could get on stilts and walk under a dachshund." - Monty, It (1927)

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

This must be the one you mean. This cartoon raises one question. Were soldier's naked an unusually abnormal amount of time? 😂
Malaria Mike
https://youtu.be/kZYvB2gxrJ0
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Post by donnie »

I felt sorry for the tree. :cry: