50 of the Greatest Cartoons

This is where we will talk about all our favorite animation from days gone by!
Kitty

50 of the Greatest Cartoons

Post by Kitty »

I found out which VHS I had when I was little. It was called 50 of the Greatest Cartoons, put out by Starmaker. It was difficult at first to find the track listing, but I found it! This VHS came out with two volumes, but the one I had was the first one. Here are some pictures I found online of Volume I.

Front
Front.jpg
Front.jpg (831.96 KiB) Viewed 3497 times
Tape
Tape.jpg
Tape.jpg (323.49 KiB) Viewed 3497 times
Back
Back.jpg
Back.jpg (730.71 KiB) Viewed 3497 times

This is such a great conglomeration (that's a good word for the noun section! :lol:) of cartoons. A really great start to the education of animation.
A note about the Raggedy Ann cartoon: I remember wanting to see more of that cartoon. Casper, too, for that matter. Something about it was alluring. They both filled me with wonder.
A note about The Three Stooges: Couldn't wait for those to be over. Even as a tyke, I didn't think they were funny whatsoever!!

I had another tape with cartoons on it. I think it was called Weirdest Cartoons. It had a black and white cartoon with a spider with a deep laugh (may have been Cobweb Hotel) and it also had Bambi Vs. Godzilla on it, which we thought was especially hilarious. If I find info on that tape I'll create a new thread about it. :)
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

Kitty

Re: 50 of the Greatest Cartoons

Post by Kitty »

In case you were interested, here is a picture of the back of the second volume of 50 of the Greatest Cartoons.
tumblr_mjxfereA9n1s29f4ko8_1280.jpg
tumblr_mjxfereA9n1s29f4ko8_1280.jpg (716.04 KiB) Viewed 3493 times
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Post by donnie »

Ah, the famous tape! Wow, that’s quite a collection! No wonder you enjoyed it. That’s like a treasure chest for a kid (and also for a kid at heart ;) ) Wouldn’t it be nice to have this on dvd?

I thought that comment about the stooges was funny. :lol: I love the stooges. People seem to either hate them or love them, and I’ve noticed that the division usually (though not always) falls along gender lines. :)

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

:lol: Yeah, I never got the appeal. My main thing is that I don't like the hitting each other thing. I don't even like Abbott and Costello that much for that reason.