The New 3 Stooges

This is where we will talk about all our favorite animation from days gone by!
Kitty

The New 3 Stooges

Post by Kitty »

I have never liked the 3 Stooges. I will never understand their popularity, even now with a new movie that came out a few years ago. Why am I creating a post about it then? Well, it's part of America's tv history, and it deserves mention due to sheer popularity through the ages.... whether I like it or not!
There was an animated TV series in the mid 60s that apparently was popular. There aired 156 cartoons in just 1 year. This one is slightly interesting because it's called The Noisy Silent Movie. The boys get a job as silent film organists. There are some real film clips of random feats and natural disasters, and it makes me wonder where it all came from. Especially the burning man. Stunt actor maybe?
https://youtu.be/8d3QLV1v7L0
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

Mrs. Danvers

Re: The New 3 Stooges

Post by Mrs. Danvers »

Oh that's so funny, there is definitely a real divide in people's taste. I actually love the Three Stooges, might be because I grew up with them, they were a real staple on all the kiddie programs in the 50's.

It was constantly The Three Stooges, Laurel and Hardy and old cartoons.
We didn't need dialogue. We had faces!