Brand New Radio Station - (Now Defunct ☹️)

Kitty

Re: Brand New Radio Station - (Now Defunct ☹️)

Post by Kitty »

Classic Drama Radio is doing a mostly-Thanksgiving radio tomorrow!!! Hop in and listen today if you can!
www.classicdramaradio.co.uk
Screenshot_20211124-203111.jpg
Screenshot_20211124-203111.jpg (371.9 KiB) Viewed 1872 times
Screenshot_20211124-203301.jpg
Screenshot_20211124-203301.jpg (311.53 KiB) Viewed 1872 times
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Re: Brand New Radio Station

Post by donnie »

I forgot to check that out. :( I see two or three I'd I might have liked to listen to. One is Father Knows Best, which is one of my favorite of the old TV shows :he: . I've never heard the radio version. It also stars Robert Young, like the TV version. I wonder if any of the other cast are the same? Probably not.

I also wouldn't have minded hearing the The Liberace Program and Our Miss Brooks, two more that showed up on TV in the '50's.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:12 pm
I forgot to check that out. :( I see two or three I'd I might have liked to listen to. One is Father Knows Best, which is one of my favorite of the old TV shows :he: . I've never heard the radio version. It also stars Robert Young, like the TV version. I wonder if any of the other cast are the same? Probably not.

I also wouldn't have minded hearing the The Liberace Program and Our Miss Brooks, two more that showed up on TV in the '50's.
The Father Knows Best of radio was actually funnier, if you can believe it!

The radio show and the tv show had totally different casts. The tone of the show was changed when it went to tv, but both have their merits.
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Post by donnie »

Kitty wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:38 pm
The tone of the show was changed when it went to tv...
How so?

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:00 pm
Kitty wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:38 pm
The tone of the show was changed when it went to tv...
How so?
It turned into sort of a warm family sitcom, without as many laughs as the original. Jim was originally sarcastic and consequently very funny. He'd put his foot down more often, and what he said would go. The tv show turned it into a softer show... but that's not to say the radio show is mean-spirited. Ok, so here's a good example: You know how in the earlier seasons of Leave It To Beaver, June was more feisty and spoke up for herself? In Father Knows Best radio version, the whole family is like that, a little bit more realistic.
I'd suggest listening to Father Knows Best. I think you'll really like it. https://archive.org/details/OTRR_Father ... st_Singles