Annie Oakley

Kitty

Annie Oakley

Post by Kitty »

This show ran from 1954-1957.
I watched the pilot episode, entitled "Bull's Eye" today on tv. I didn't even know it was the pilot episode until I looked at some info about it right before writing this post! Pretty neat!
Going off this episode, it's a pretty solid show. It's a representation of the now cliche 'somebody poisoned the water hole' story line. Tagg, Annie's little brother, looked so familiar to me.... And I just discovered that he was Bud Anderson in Father Knows Best! Apparently after this episode, he chose Father Knows Best, and Tagg was played by another little boy for the rest of the series.
I'd watch another episode. It's interesting to see a woman in a lead role in an action show. She is a perfect shooter, and never, ever misses. She hits her mark. Every. Time. Even when in motion.
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Re: Annie Oakley

Post by donnie »

That sounds interesting. I didn't realize Bud was in anything else. Actually, I didn't know there was ever an Annie Oakley series. And concerning her, I'm thinking there may be some actual footage of her doing her thing. She was a pretty amazing person.

Kitty

Re: Annie Oakley

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:45 pm
I didn't realize Bud was in anything else.
He was only in one episode of this, the pilot. But I was pleased to find that he actually *was* someone, instead of just someone who looked familiar. Seems to happen a lot with me. :lol:
donnie wrote:
Actually, I didn't know there was ever an Annie Oakley series.
I didn't, either, until I was searching for new things to record.
donnie wrote:
And concerning her, I'm thinking there may be some actual footage of her doing her thing. She was a pretty amazing person.
There is! She was really a very interesting person. There is much information available to read.
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)