Silent Watch Party Special 50th Show Tomorrow!

Watch-fests and Events
donnie

Silent Watch Party Special 50th Show Tomorrow!

Post by donnie »

For the life of me, I couldn't find the previous thread on the Watch Party, but since this is a special one anyway, I'll create a new topic. :D

Tomorrow's 50th episode happens to coincide with the one-year anniversary of the show. Live streaming starts at 3:00 PM, Eastern Time. And there's Wanda Wiley. And Ko-Ko. :D Tune in if you can!

Films scheduled for this episode:
An Eye for Figures (1920) starring Hank Mann
Ko-Ko in the Fadeaway (1926) starring Ko-Ko the Clown
The Queen of Aces (1925) starring Wanda Wiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgFNOBZeUPE

Kitty

Re: Silent Watch Party Special 50th Show Tomorrow!

Post by Kitty »

Cool! I love Koko! I have to work, though.

Here's the link to the original thread in case you were curious. Took me a minute to find it, too!
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

BettyLouSpence

Post by BettyLouSpence »

A new Wanda short!! :D
"If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need."
~ Cicero, Letters to Friends, Book IX Letter IV

donnie

Post by donnie »

Great show! :D And it was wonderful to see the nice people behind the scenes that help make the show each week.
It's uploaded to the above link if you missed it and want to watch later.

BettyLouSpence

Post by BettyLouSpence »

Just finished watching it. This was great!

About the Koko short; I wonder how they did that trick at the end with the houses "disappearing" after being sprinkled with the fade away powder? How they did it with the trolleys, cars, and movable objects is easy enough. I like that old movie magic :)

I was especially excited for the new Wiley short. Another fun storyline. I like the ending where there's a great scandal because the "young man" has gone into the daughter's room, when Wanda went there precisely to avoid any scandal :lol:

She looks awfully dapper, doesn't she? :D

Oh, and during Marlene Weisman's guest appearance, I couldn't help but notice that she had a Movie-land Keeno box in her cabinet:

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (878.68 KiB) Viewed 2410 times

donnie

Post by donnie »

BettyLouSpence wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:45 pm
About the Koko short; I wonder how they did that trick at the end with the houses "disappearing" after being sprinkled with the fade away powder? How they did it with the trolleys, cars, and movable objects is easy enough. I like that old movie magic :)
I was doing something else and missed that end part. I'll have to go back and watch it. That's some wonderfully imaginative animation (and some extremely labor-intensive, I'm sure!).
BettyLouSpence wrote:
I was especially excited for the new Wiley short. Another fun storyline. I like the ending where there's a great scandal because the "young man" has gone into the daughter's room, when Wanda went there precisely to avoid any scandal :lol:

She looks awfully dapper, doesn't she? :D
Yes, she does! That was a good short. And it reminded me immediately of one of my favorite comedy shorts, Know Thy Wife (1918), which has a similar plot setup. (There's another wife title for you. :))
BettyLouSpence wrote:
Oh, and during Marlene Weisman's guest appearance, I couldn't help but notice that she had a Movie-land Keeno box in her cabinet:
That's neat! Didn't spot that.

BettyLouSpence

Post by BettyLouSpence »

donnie wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:07 pm
Yes, she does! That was a good short. And it reminded me immediately of one of my favorite comedy shorts, Know Thy Wife (1918), which has a similar plot setup. (There's another wife title for you. :))
Has that one been featured in a past watch party?
donnie wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:07 pm
BettyLouSpence wrote:
That's neat! Didn't spot that.
Marlene has some really cool stuff in there! Around 52 minutes there's a clearer shot of some of the items and there's a bunch of those fans with the portraits on them.

donnie

Post by donnie »

I'll look back at that, too. I was trying to multitask and do some work on a church video at the same time, so I missed a little here and there. I really enjoyed seeing Mana (after only hearing her voice) and thought she had some really nice things to say.