Donate & get a Biograph logo!

This is the place for news or information regarding the Silent Photoplay.
BettyLouSpence

Donate & get a Biograph logo!

Post by BettyLouSpence »

The Film Preservation Society's Biograph Project is "currently working to preserve and restore all 460+
Biograph films directed by D. W. Griffith between 1908 and 1913."

For a donation of $10, you can get a 5x5 inch static cling of the Biograph Studio's AB logo. Since it sticks to walls and glass via static electricity, there's no residue if you want to move it somewhere else. Now you can make any space into a Biograph set!

Biograph Project AB Logo Donation Page

I wish my life was a non-stop Hollywood movie show
a fantasy world of celluloid villains and heroes
Because celluloid heroes never feel any pain
and celluloid heroes never really die...

Kitty

Re: Donate & get a Biograph logo!

Post by Kitty »

Today's so interesting!!
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Post by donnie »

Now that is cool. :D And such a worthy project!

I just went there to donate, but unfortunately, the page doesn't seem to be working with my browser. (My jinxed browser again. :roll:) When I click the "Buy an AB...button, it says "Adding" then "Added" but nothing more. Can't see any way to go to a cart of any kind or complete the process. I'll try with a different browser/device, and if still nothing, try contacting them.

BettyLouSpence

Post by BettyLouSpence »

donnie wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:10 pm
I just went there to donate, but unfortunately, the page doesn't seem to be working with my browser. (My jinxed browser again. :roll:) When I click the "Buy an AB...button, it says "Adding" then "Added" but nothing more. Can't see any way to go to a cart of any kind or complete the process. I'll try with a different browser/device, and if still nothing, try contacting them.
A shopping cart with a "1" icon should show up, which is what happened with me on my Firefox browser. Do you see it?

donation page screenshot.png
donation page screenshot.png (662.12 KiB) Viewed 2526 times

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Sorry if this sounds bad, but this gave me a great idea. I made movie studio logos for the cover of my tablet.
Attachments
IMG_20210621_151259.jpg
IMG_20210621_151259.jpg (5.46 MiB) Viewed 2524 times
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Post by donnie »

BettyLouSpence wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:08 pm
A shopping cart with a "1" icon should show up, which is what happened with me on my Firefox browser. Do you see it?
Uh, yes, I see it now. :oops: I swear, I scrutinized that whole page, and that never registered with me, somehow. Anyway, thanks! :D
Kitty wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:13 pm
Sorry if this sounds bad, but this gave me a great idea. I made movie studio logos for the cover of my tablet.
Those look really nice! :)

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:26 pm
Kitty wrote:
Those look really nice! :)
Thanks! I'm excited. :lol:

BettyLouSpence

Post by BettyLouSpence »

donnie wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:26 pm
Uh, yes, I see it now. :oops: I swear, I scrutinized that whole page, and that never registered with me, somehow. Anyway, thanks! :D
:lol: It happens. I hope you get your logo soon!
Kitty wrote:
Cool!

donnie

Post by donnie »

BettyLouSpence wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:22 pm
:lol: It happens.
I think one thing that threw me was that I was expecting the cart to be somewhere in the upper right corner. Come to think of it, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a cart that was anywhere but the upper right; that seems to be a standard webpage arrangement, for whatever reason. So they were defying convention. Also, the low contrast and repeated shapes didn’t help. (At least these make convenient excuses. 8-) ;) )
BettyLouSpence wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:22 pm
I hope you get your logo soon!
You too! Now the only thing is...where do I put it? :ugeek: I had three in my cart from repeated attempts—maybe I should have gone ahead and bought three so I could copyright-protect three rooms. :)