Alice Howell Kickstarter

This is the place for news or information regarding the Silent Photoplay.
donnie

Alice Howell Kickstarter

Post by donnie »

Here is another great project from Ben Model.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__R_K2vZvJ4&feature=em-uploademail

Kitty

Re: Alice Howell Kickstarter

Post by Kitty »

I saw this going around on Twitter. It looks like a very interesting project. I'll admit that I don't recall the name of Alice Howell, and it would be great to see her work. She's adorable.
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Post by donnie »

The Alice Howell Kickstarter is proceeding nicely. They are hoping get enough extra in the next couple of days to be able to fund the digital cleanup. Here is a short vid comparing the untreated and cleaned footage:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7YKrkaWq-8&feature=youtu.be

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

How cool!! I wonder if people who please can get a copy?
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Post by donnie »

Yes, if you pledge a certain amount. I pledged at a level to get a copy. Or they will also be available to purchase later, I believe. I think they are figuring on about November of this year for the release.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/si ... nt-comedie

donnie

Post by donnie »

Work is proceeding well on this dvd. Ben has been sending out regular updates entailing the process. I think the dvd is slated to be in production before long. Today I got a postcard signed by himself and Steve Massa. :D
Attachments
IMG_2208.jpeg
IMG_2208.jpeg (2.76 MiB) Viewed 5217 times
IMG_2209.jpeg
IMG_2209.jpeg (1.73 MiB) Viewed 5217 times

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

How cool!! Is the top image the front of the postcard? How did it get folded in half?

donnie

Post by donnie »

Kitty wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:02 pm
How cool!! Is the top image the front of the postcard? How did it get folded in half?
Yes, that's the front. It only looks as if it's folded—that's actually in the image. At first I thought that was a still from the film, but I'm guessing it must have been a two-page trade ad in a magazine and that's the fold from where they scanned it.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

ohhhhh ok!! I was confused because the back didn't look folded.