Vintage Photos at Random

This is the place for talking about vintage books, posting random vintage photos, and anything else vintage paper memorabilia!
Kitty

Re: Vintage Photos at Random

Post by Kitty »

Baby seat in 1962 crazy!!
Attachments
eGZ2nLM.jpg
eGZ2nLM.jpg (112.57 KiB) Viewed 3790 times
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Post by donnie »

Oh, wow... :? and with a little steering wheel, too.

donnie

Post by donnie »

A barbershop in the the 1920's.
Attachments
Barbershop 1920s.jpg
Barbershop 1920s.jpg (49.18 KiB) Viewed 3786 times

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Cool! Looks like it's a little past 4:30 at the point it was taken. Look at the hairdressers with exactly the same haircut! Very interesting.
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Post by donnie »

It looks like the longer haired woman in the middle with the longer hair is about to get a bob while being manicured at the same time.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:12 am
It looks like the longer haired woman in the middle with the longer hair is about to get a bob while being manicured at the same time.
But all that beautiful hair! I liked the 20s hairstyles, but those styles from the teens were so beautiful.

donnie

Post by donnie »

I know, it's painful to see that beautiful hair disappearing!

donnie

Post by donnie »

Although not a photo per se, I'll put it here since it's related to the above.
Attachments
bobbed hair styles chart.jpeg
bobbed hair styles chart.jpeg (209.39 KiB) Viewed 3771 times

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Fantastic ad!!!

I think Eddie Munster got some hairstyle tips from these women.... Or Marie Dressler! Being "naturally curly" as the little redhead girl on Charlie Brown would say, I do not think that I would go for the Cory Matthews haircut on the left middle!

donnie

Post by donnie »

Kitty wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:32 pm
Fantastic ad!!!

I think Eddie Munster got some hairstyle tips from these women.... Or Marie Dressler! Being "naturally curly" as the little redhead girl on Charlie Brown would say, I do not think that I would go for the Cory Matthews haircut on the left middle!
No, a bit too Harpo Marx-ish. :lol: And the Eddie Munster ones are downright odd—I've never seen a photo of an 20's woman in real life with one of those. It was original, though.