Magazine Ads

This is the place for talking about vintage books, posting random vintage photos, and anything else vintage paper memorabilia!
AAF34

Re: Magazine Ads

Post by AAF34 »

When looking for vintage magazine ads I found this and it's to cute not to share.
I'm a cat lady and this ad would have my attention in a heartbeat since I'm always trying to find ways to give my babies special treats.
It says 1951 and I just love the colors and thought that went into creating it.
Attachments
94b9f39d9edbde158661455116048542.jpg
94b9f39d9edbde158661455116048542.jpg (62.06 KiB) Viewed 6718 times

donnie

Post by donnie »

That is a nice ad. I like the colors, too.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

AAF34 wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:52 am
When looking for vintage magazine ads I found this and it's to cute not to share.
I'm a cat lady and this ad would have my attention in a heartbeat since I'm always trying to find ways to give my babies special treats.
It says 1951 and I just love the colors and thought that went into creating it.
I LOVE it!!!
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

This is another update on Cleo Ridgely's ride across America. I like when they published updates in general, because I feel like I'm in it, and I can anticipate like the readers did over 100 years ago.
Attachments
ridgeley crowds.jpg
ridgeley crowds.jpg (174.85 KiB) Viewed 6713 times
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Post by donnie »

That's cool! I'll bet you do feel as if you are experiencing the events right along with them.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:06 pm
That's cool! I'll bet you do feel as if you are experiencing the events right along with them.
It's exciting! :D

donnie

Post by donnie »

Isn't it nice to be immersed in that world? You know what I mean. :)

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

It really is. Extremely educational as well as entertaining. I'm becoming the silent short film girl :lol: Totally love it.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

I thought this one was kind of interesting: An advertisement to business owners for a carousel, or "jumping horse" as they call it. This came out of The New York Clipper, March 1912.
Attachments
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (398.83 KiB) Viewed 6709 times

donnie

Post by donnie »

That probably would have been a great way to make money back in that day—if you had the wherewithal for the initial outlay. In that day of no TV, movies, cell phones, video games, etc., you could have set one of those up and raked it in, I imagine. I wonder how many they sold.

By the way, do you like looking through old Sears catalogues? I've been having the best time recently poring over my 1897 Sears Catalogue reproduction. Every page is fascinating. This morning, I was looking at the bell selection. They had school bells, church bells, factory bells, hand bells, sleigh bells... all different sizes up to one church bell weighing 3.5 tons. Bet the shipping on that was kind of high.