Carl Reiner at 98

You can put celebrity death notifications here.
Kitty

Carl Reiner at 98

Post by Kitty »

Coast to Coast Big Mouth is my very favorite episode of Dick Van Dyke. I think this was the height of Carl Reiner's comedy in this show. I watched this on TVLand for the first time a million years ago, and I have rarely given the reaction and laughs out loud in other old shows that I did with this one.

https://youtu.be/FHStKXuBzlM
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Re: Carl Reiner at 98

Post by donnie »

That's one of the funniest episodes ever made of any show. What a classic. I'm sitting here laughing out loud just thinking about it. :lol: I especially like the last part when Laura comes to see him. Carl Reiner was a comedic genius.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:08 am
That's one of the funniest episodes ever made of any show. What a classic. I'm sitting here laughing out loud just thinking about it. :lol: I especially like the last part when Laura comes to see him. Carl Reiner was a comedic genius.
I love when he addresses his assortment of wigs. And when he stubs his toe and growls into the phone before hanging up. I was so shocked when she fell for the guy's trick and blurted that out. I did not see that coming, and it may have been the best reaction I've ever had to a show.
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Post by donnie »

Kitty wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:41 pm
I love when he addresses his assortment of wigs. And when he stubs his toe and growls into the phone before hanging up. I was so shocked when she fell for the guy's trick and blurted that out. I did not see that coming, and it may have been the best reaction I've ever had to a show.
:lol: And Rob's reaction when he finds out what she's done! Also, I love that line at the end "She'll kill for you, yet." That's genius comedy writing.

Edit: I just rewatched this. I'd forgotten what a good comedic actress Mary Tyler Moore was. She should have won an award for this.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:10 pm
Kitty wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:41 pm
:lol: And Rob's reaction when he finds out what she's done! Also, I love that line at the end "She'll kill for you, yet." That's genius comedy writing.

Edit: I just rewatched this. I'd forgotten what a good comedic actress Mary Tyler Moore was. She should have won an award for this.
This episode was gold for everyone involved.

donnie

Post by donnie »

CBS to honor Reiner with colorized special.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/cbs-t ... r-BB16fQ2T
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-07-02 at 4.02.16 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-07-02 at 4.02.16 PM.png (760.76 KiB) Viewed 2335 times

donnie

Post by donnie »

This special is at 8 pm tonight on CBS (7 pm for those of the Central persuasion).

Edit: I'm unable to watch, as I just learned our cable TV service unbelievably has no CBS access. The Atlanta affiliate is channel 46, which we don't get. I didn't know, as I never watch TV, but I figured all cable systems would have the three networks—? Oh, well...

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

That is really weird that you don't have CBS.... That really stinks! I just finished watching Hamilton that came out on Disney Plus which was really good.