Tom Petty

You can put celebrity death notifications here.
Kitty

Tom Petty

Post by Kitty » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:03 am

Tom Petty is gone at 66. :(
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Re: Tom Petty

Post by donnie » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:40 pm

My wife told me this last night, but I'm ashamed to say I'd never heard of him. He must have been quite popular judging from the number of news articles I saw subsequently. RIP

Kitty

Post by Kitty » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:17 pm

Yes. He was a musician, most notably from Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. As a child I had nightmares of him. He was always in dark rooms that I would get pulled into. Weird, I know.
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

dachshundonstilts

Post by dachshundonstilts » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:42 pm

Man, he was all over the place during my high school and college years, with the Heartbreakers, as a solo artist, and with the Traveling Wilburys. I don't blame you for having nightmares about him, as he was even a little creepy-looking before he started cultivating that image in his videos!
"I feel so low, old chap, that I could get on stilts and walk under a dachshund." - Monty, "It" (1927)

Mrs. Danvers

Post by Mrs. Danvers » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:18 am

I was very saddened by this news, rarely do I really get upset when a celebrity dies. But I loved Tom Petty and his music and I still miss David Bowie massively and also "the day the music died" for me was when Jimi Hendrix died.

I love this!

https://youtu.be/h0JvF9vpqx8
When my people come to colonize this planet, your name will be on the protected rolls, and you will come to no harm.
Beldar Conehead