Tom Petty

You can put celebrity death notifications here.
Kitty

Tom Petty

Post by Kitty »

Tom Petty is gone at 66. :(
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Re: Tom Petty

Post by donnie »

My wife told me this last night, but I'm ashamed to say I'd never heard of him. He must have been quite popular judging from the number of news articles I saw subsequently. RIP

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Yes. He was a musician, most notably from Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. As a child I had nightmares of him. He was always in dark rooms that I would get pulled into. Weird, I know.
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

dachshundonstilts

Post by dachshundonstilts »

Man, he was all over the place during my high school and college years, with the Heartbreakers, as a solo artist, and with the Traveling Wilburys. I don't blame you for having nightmares about him, as he was even a little creepy-looking before he started cultivating that image in his videos!
"I feel so low, old chap, that I could get on stilts and walk under a dachshund." - Monty, It (1927)

Mrs. Danvers

Post by Mrs. Danvers »

I was very saddened by this news, rarely do I really get upset when a celebrity dies. But I loved Tom Petty and his music and I still miss David Bowie massively and also "the day the music died" for me was when Jimi Hendrix died.

I love this!

https://youtu.be/h0JvF9vpqx8
We didn't need dialogue. We had faces!