Jerry Lewis dead at 91

You can put celebrity death notifications here.
Kitty

Jerry Lewis dead at 91

Post by Kitty »

Goodbye, Jerry Lewis, the other half of Martin and Lewis. You guys were great together. Wish you could have done your bit longer.
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Re: Jerry Lewis dead at 91

Post by donnie »

Yes, I learned about this earlier. I didn't realize he was that old. You're right, Martin and Lewis were classic together. I was just thinking about that while ago, how sad it was they didn't stay together longer.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:44 pm
I didn't realize he was that old.
I didn't even know he was still alive!

I have to take him in small doses, but as a comedy team they were very entertaining. I have a DVD with an episode of theirs on it. At one point, there is malt shop skit. The cup was so huge that Jerry Lewis could actually get into it!
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

Mrs. Danvers

Post by Mrs. Danvers »

He had a good long life and did a lot to help people. And I liked a lot of his movies, I liked him best when he was on his own. The Nutty Professor, Who's Minding the Store. Cinderfella, The Bellboy, all his 60's movies more or less.
We didn't need dialogue. We had faces!