Martin Landau had died at 89

You can put celebrity death notifications here.
Kitty

Martin Landau had died at 89

Post by Kitty »

I know him from the episode of The Twilight Zone called Mr. Denton on Doomsday.
☹️
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Re: Martin Landau had died at 89

Post by donnie »

Oh, I always loved Martin Landau in anything he was in. I especially liked him on the old Mission Impossible. RIP.

Mrs. Danvers

Post by Mrs. Danvers »

Oh too bad, but he had a long and good life.

Martin Landau was the original choice for Mr. Spock on the original Star Trek, but he turned it down to do Mission Impossible instead.

Remember the short lived Space 1999 he did with is wife Barbara Bain? I have a pristine lunchbox from that show. Yeah I know big deal. My mind's wandering, I better go catch it.

You need to see him in Ed Wood, Tim Burton's film about the life of Ed Wood, arguable the worst director to come down the pike. Martin Landau won an Oscar for his performance as Bela Lugosi. Ed Wood is a fantastic movie and Landau is truly brilliant.
We didn't need dialogue. We had faces!

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Wow! I saw that movie, but at the time I didn't know who Martin Landau was.
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Post by donnie »

I remember seeing some of Space 1999. As I recall, that was a pretty good series. Ain't just everybody got a Space 1999 lunchbox, you know!

Here is a compilation from some of his MI work. (The music irritated me in short order, so I had to mute it. Your mileage may vary.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voOLwzO5p-I