Adam West has passed away

You can put celebrity death notifications here.
donnie

Adam West has passed away

Post by donnie »

RIP, the "real" original Batman to me.

Kitty

Re: Adam West has passed away

Post by Kitty »

:(
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

dachshundonstilts

Post by dachshundonstilts »

He will always be THE Batman.

My son and I were fortunate enough to get our picture taken with him at a convention just a few months ago.

"To the Batpoles!"
"I feel so low, old chap, that I could get on stilts and walk under a dachshund." - Monty, It (1927)

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

dachshundonstilts wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:48 pm

My son and I were fortunate enough to get our picture taken with him at a convention just a few months ago.

"To the Batpoles!"
That's awesome! You can post that here if you'd like!
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

dachshundonstilts

Post by dachshundonstilts »

Kitty wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:35 pm
dachshundonstilts wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:48 pm

"To the Batpoles!"
That's awesome! You can post that here if you'd like!
Prefer not to, if it's all the same. Sadly, we were unable to get it signed because Mr. West had to leave right after the photo op. :|
"I feel so low, old chap, that I could get on stilts and walk under a dachshund." - Monty, It (1927)

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Aww, still an awesome memory!

Mrs. Danvers

Post by Mrs. Danvers »

Oh yes there was nothing better than the Batman TV show. Adam West was such a hoot as Batman, he has such a dry sense of humor, droll at times I thought and was so excellent at delivering the cheesy dialogue with at least a semi-straight face.

He sure had a long acting career. And he is much beloved if for nothing else but being the clown prince of superheroes for millions of kids over the years.
We didn't need dialogue. We had faces!