Ocean Grove Driving Ban

This is the home for vintage newsreels and documentaries.
Kitty

Ocean Grove Driving Ban

Post by Kitty »

I've never heard of this til five minutes ago! :lol:
https://youtu.be/FdeRdE2nfMU
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Re: Ocean Grove Driving Ban

Post by donnie »

That's interesting! :) Amazing that it lasted for a century. Actually, thinking about it, seems like it would be kind of nice...

I get so tired of hearing traffic noise sometimes. We live at the corner of two busy streets. Just a few minutes ago I went out to take some kitchen scraps down to the compost pile and was muttering under my breath at a loud motored vehicle going down the street.

Sometimes later at night, after things have calmed down, I've gone out and stood in the yard and imagined how it must have been 100 years ago...just a clopping of horses hooves somewhere and the sound of neighbors' conversations a house or two away discernible...must have been nice. Maybe I should have lived in Ocean Grove—of course that was only one day out of the week.

Kitty

Re: Ocean Grove Driving Ban

Post by Kitty »

Sometimes during the day my neighborhood is very still. Especially lately with the cooler weather, it seems so still out there. Very peaceful.
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)