Theodore Roosevelt-Shall We Prepare?

This is the home for vintage newsreels and documentaries.
Kitty

Theodore Roosevelt-Shall We Prepare?

Post by Kitty »

Roosevelt shaking his cane at America. Without these intertitles, you'd think that he was scolding America for something. Perhaps not buying enough Teddy bears? Anyway, here's the real summary:

Two sequences of TR: Sequence 1: views of TR walking onto the porch of Sagamore Hill, Oyster Bay, N.Y., facing the camera, and then speaking on military preparedness during WWI; Sequence 2: views of TR sitting at his desk in the Metropolitan Magazine office in New York City and speaking with a man who may be Carl Hovey, editor of the magazine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUKpb3bStX8
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Re: Theodore Roosevelt-Shall We Prepare?

Post by donnie »

This is the first footage I've seen of TR. I've seen some Edison footage of McKinley (before his assassination—some of his funeral proceedings were also filmed), and also of Wilson. I believe Coolidge was the first sound film. I have that one somewhere in my iTunes library.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Interesting! I have not heard Coolidge, or seen footage of the other presidents you mention.
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

Mrs. Danvers

Post by Mrs. Danvers »

Bully!
We didn't need dialogue. We had faces!