Elliot Norton Interviews Tallulah Bankhead (1963)

Let's talk interviews!
Kitty

Elliot Norton Interviews Tallulah Bankhead (1963)

Post by Kitty »

I've been becoming familiar with Tallulah Bankhead by listening to The Big Show, a fantabulous radio variety show. I never knew much about her, because, with a name like Tallulah Bankhead, I thought she was an actress who only did very serious and fancy pictures, but I have been surprised, and pleasantly, that she was a very brilliant comedienne.

https://americanarchive.org/catalog/cpb ... 707wm14j8q
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Re: Elliot Norton Interviews Tallulah Bankhead (1963)

Post by donnie »

Yes, I knew she was a fine comedienne, and somewhat of a character, as well. :) I listened to some of this. Wasn't her voice amazingly low? And she used that as a technique, as she and the interviewer were discussing.

The only thing I've actually seen her in was an episode of the Lucy-Desi Comedy Hour in which she guest-starred.

Mrs. Danvers

Re: Elliot Norton Interviews Tallulah Bankhead (1963)

Post by Mrs. Danvers »

She was in Hitchcock's Lifeboat and she was great, as were all the cast! One of his best movies.

I love her! To me she is a "poor man's" Judith Anderson. Or maybe Judith Anderson was a "poor man's Tallulah Bankhead.
We didn't need dialogue. We had faces!