Instructional Videos/Social Guidance Films

You can put interesting old PSA's and Instructional videos here. Anything similar!
Kitty

Re: Instructional Videos/Teaching Films

Post by Kitty »

This is a instructional film informing elementary school students that it will be very different in Junior High. Actually, believe it or not this one isn't funny! It offers solid advice to a kid, and I think this would be a pretty good thing to update for modern children who are going into 6th grade. It gives many truths and doesn't sugar coat it at all.
Your Junior High Days

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PUZdUUGqQ0
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

Kitty

Training Films

Post by Kitty »

This is an *extremely* odd training video for Sears about freezer selling. Freeze-In is a play on Laugh-In featuring Judy Carne and Arte Johnson. That dancing is weird to say the least. Do you think this is funny?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lCuhdkwP6xc
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Personality and Emotions. This one is a lot more informative than you'd think it would be in 12 minutes. I liked this one! I would have liked to see what the mother's alternative response would be to the part where the little girl is jealous of baby, though.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bpOB7OBgiCU

donnie

Post by donnie »

Kitty wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:56 pm
This is a instructional film informing elementary school students that it will be very different in Junior High. Actually, believe it or not this one isn't funny! It offers solid advice to a kid, and I think this would be a pretty good thing to update for modern children who are going into 6th grade. It gives many truths and doesn't sugar coat it at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PUZdUUGqQ0
That really does have some good advice, doesn’t it? Especially the part about being yourself and keeping your self-respect in new surroundings. And it places everything in a positive light.

I was interested to see the advice to learn to see your own weaknesses and limitations and work past them. That’s something strikingly different from now: kids today are told that they have no limitations, which is well-intended, but unrealistic, and maybe harmful in the long run.

I wonder how kids reacted to that film when it was shown back in 1963.That’s such a tough, awkward age. I wouldn’t want to go through it again, though I enjoyed high school later. My school system was kind of odd in that, at that time, we went directly from elementary school to high school. Grades 1-7 were elementary, with no junior high or middle school. That really was a big adjustment!

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Thanks for your thoughts! You make a lot of good points.

donnie

Post by donnie »

Kitty wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:37 pm
Personality and Emotions. This one is a lot more informative than you'd think it would be in 12 minutes. I liked this one! I would have liked to see what the mother's alternative response would be to the part where the little girl is jealous of baby, though.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bpOB7OBgiCU
That's a pretty good film, though it does sound a lot like a Britannica article, not surprisingly! Seeing a film like that, with emotions treated so objectively and scientifically could be eye-opening for a young person.

What do you mean by the mother's alternative response?

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:22 pm
That's a pretty good film, though it does sound a lot like a Britannica article, not surprisingly! Seeing a film like that, with emotions treated so objectively and scientifically could be eye-opening for a young person.

What do you mean by the mother's alternative response?
Well what do you say instead, to avoid making the girl even more jealous of the baby?

donnie

Post by donnie »

Idk...? Guess I'm not good with child psychology.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:00 pm
Idk...? Guess I'm not good with child psychology.
That's what the instructional film is for! It got a big F in that department ! Haha no but I really liked that video. It's actually makes you think.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

"Even your mother", ... the insolent dunce, ... "has use for it, too!" :lol: More like gramma. Why did the mother of a teenager always look like she's 70?

Bookkeeping and You, 1947. A neat little look into a world where pen and paper was still needed to keep track of finances.

https://youtu.be/_u7nZzMASag