Bill Cosby on Prejudice (1971)

You can put interesting old PSA's and Instructional videos here. Anything similar!
Kitty

Bill Cosby on Prejudice (1971)

Post by Kitty »

:geek: Let's put aside all the allegations in years recent about Bill Cosby, and transport back to 1971.
This is a pretty amazing monologue by Bill Cosby. It's an entirely different Cosby. Bill Cosby on Prejudice makes you think, and shows us so many years later that things have not changed. People have always had the same complaints, and the same issues come up even now. Hate has always been there, and, I fear, will always be there. I do not agree with the last statement, though, which I'm not sure is supposed to be funny or ignorant in keeping with the character he portrays.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2gJn8JZnWI&feature=youtu.be
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Re: Bill Cosby on Prejudice (1971)

Post by donnie »

This is really good! And so are your comments. It's amazing—and sad—how little has changed since 1971 in these respects. If anything, there seems to be more hatred, division, and bitterness now.

Kitty

Re: Bill Cosby on Prejudice (1971)

Post by Kitty »

I think it's just more out in the open. I'm glad you liked it!
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)