Film Strips

You can put interesting old PSA's and Instructional videos here. Anything similar!
Kitty

Film Strips

Post by Kitty »

I think it would be kind of cool to post film strips here. I remember watching film strips when I was very young in elementary school. This one sort of reminds me of what you might see in one of those Viewmaster things. This one is Brothers and Sisters from 1953. A cute little brat is angry because his siblings are such nuisances, but he soon realizes that they serve a purpose to make his life happier.

https://archive.org/details/brothers_and_sisters_1953
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Re: Film Strips

Post by donnie »

That's pretty cool. I remember film strips. We thought that was the biggest treat. Now kids would go to sleep if you tried to show them one!

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Sharing With Neighbors

I liked this one a lot! These little film strips have vibrant color and beautiful pictures. I wish my community was like this. Are there still towns that exist like this? I'd love to attend a May festival.

https://archive.org/details/sharing_with_neighbors
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Post by donnie »

Looks like a nice place to live, all right. :)

Off topic: How is weather in Florida today? 34 degrees and snow flurries here. And here I thought was spring. :cry:

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:05 pm
Looks like a nice place to live, all right. :)

Off topic: How is weather in Florida today? 34 degrees and snow flurries here. And here I thought was spring. :cry:
I only just saw this message :lol: I don't remember what the weather was like in March, but I can tell you that it is gross and hot now! Humid yuck.

donnie

Post by donnie »

Yes, it's been incredibly humid here, too.

dachshundonstilts

Post by dachshundonstilts »

We had filmstrips all the way through high school. There was usually a record that went with it with tones to signal when to turn it. Invariably the kid would forget once, or would turn it in the wrong direction, and it'd be off by one or two frames for most of the time.

I always used to resolve that next year on the first day of school I'd try to grab that center desk in the back so I could be that kid and, by golly, I'd get it right! Then on the first day I'd always forget.
"I feel so low, old chap, that I could get on stilts and walk under a dachshund." - Monty, It (1927)

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

dachshundonstilts wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:43 am
We had filmstrips all the way through high school. There was usually a record that went with it with tones to signal when to turn it. Invariably the kid would forget once, or would turn it in the wrong direction, and it'd be off by one or two frames for most of the time.

I always used to resolve that next year on the first day of school I'd try to grab that center desk in the back so I could be that kid and, by golly, I'd get it right! Then on the first day I'd always forget.
We had film strips, too, when I was little. I forgot all about the beeping! Our teacher manned the machine. A few years ago, I contacted the elementary school to see if they still had them. I contacted them twice, and each time the secretary told me she'd look into it, and a certain teacher may still have them, but she never got back to me. ☹️
Still kinda annoyed about that. 😒

dachshundonstilts

Post by dachshundonstilts »

Kitty wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:37 am
dachshundonstilts wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:43 am

We had film strips, too, when I was little. I forgot all about the beeping! Our teacher manned the machine. A few years ago, I contacted the elementary school to see if they still had them. I contacted them twice, and each time the secretary told me she'd look into it, and a certain teacher may still have them, but she never got back to me. ☹️
Still kinda annoyed about that. 😒
I'd think the library AV room would maintain that stuff, but maybe not. If they threw out their card catalogs, they'd probably have no compunction about throwing out the filmstrip projectors too.
"I feel so low, old chap, that I could get on stilts and walk under a dachshund." - Monty, It (1927)

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

This was a very small school with no library. They probably kept that stuff in the broom closet.