Instructional Videos/Social Guidance Films

You can put interesting old PSA's and Instructional videos here. Anything similar!
Kitty

Re: Instructional Videos/Teaching Films

Post by Kitty »

This is an awesome video about film and projectors from the 1950s. Facts About Projection. Thank you to Donnie for helping me find it. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Em3ZD29VavY
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Post by donnie »

You're welcome :D

Man, what a labor-intensive process. Hope that solemn group of students enjoyed it!

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:30 pm
You're welcome :D

Man, what a labor-intensive process. Hope that solemn group of students enjoyed it!
I know I would!!!! :D
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Post by donnie »

Well, it's time to post this classic. Love the music in this one.
Tea Making Tips
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnvYymrCn4g

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Here's a cute educational film on how sound films worked.
Finding His Voice (1929)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NutoilBDv2Q

donnie

Post by donnie »

I enjoyed that animation. Can you imagine how entertaining that must have been back in 1929, especially for a kid? That technology still seems amazing to me, 90 years later. It's a wonder that anyone could have figured that process out.

The song that Talkie sings: I could have sworn that came from Gilbert and Sullivan, but I must have been mistaken. But I've heard it before, somewhere, frequently.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

I don't know... I've never heard that song before this one. I tried to google the lyrics that I heard, but couldn't find anything really.

Technology always amazes me. It's fascinating!

donnie

Post by donnie »

Kitty wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:44 pm
I don't know... I've never heard that song before this one. I tried to google the lyrics that I heard, but couldn't find anything really.
I couldn't find much, either, but I did finally locate a video of Nelson Eddy singing it. It's not G&S; still haven't figured out how I know it.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

What's the song? Can you link me to Nelson Eddy?

donnie

Post by donnie »

Here 'tis. I'm not sure what the date of this recording is (some other newer music is grafted onto the beginning). But it sounds very like a Victorian song doesn't it?—music and words. There's a nice comment from an 87-year old below on the YT page.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rm2O4mCBAA