Instructional Videos/Social Guidance Films

You can put interesting old PSA's and Instructional videos here. Anything similar!
Kitty

Re: Instructional Videos/Teaching Films

Post by Kitty »

This is a cute instructional short about school buses. I think this little girl is adorable, and she is smirking the whole time! It must have been fun for her to film this. The one little boy who runs down the road to catch the bus reminds me a lot of my little brother. I like the music a lot, too.
Bus Nut
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHc8eLKei-w
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Here's a bit of an odd one. It would be so perfect for mst3k to do. Poor Kitty.
Kitty Cleans Up
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Yt6cY_MqHMs
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Post by donnie »

That was an interesting one, and yes, kind of odd, but likable. One thing I found strange was that the girl's voice sounded like that of adult—they must have used a woman with a child-like voice, for some reason.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Yes, I noticed that, too. Reminds me of that twilight zone episode The Bewitchin' Pool where they did that to the girl.

donnie

Post by donnie »

Here's Ron Popeil selling the Chop-a-Matic.

Really a vintage informercial, but we'll classify it as an instructional film. ;)

Actually I'd like to have one of these.
The History of As Seen On TV
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGo7W_mbWCE

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Oh! Do you remember the video with the man selling knives? That one was cool!

donnie

Post by donnie »

Yeah! Was just thinking about that one...

donnie

Post by donnie »

Just found a vintage Chop-o-matic on ebay and bought it—in the original box. :D

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:54 pm
Just found a vintage Chop-o-matic on ebay and bought it—in the original box. :D
Awesome! Post a picture when you get it! I wonder if they ever thought that so many years later their advertisement would still work :)

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

I finally got around to watching that little infomercial.... My goodness, that guy was sure fake in tone, don't you think? I don't like him one bit. The way his voice trailed was kind of creepy. I suppose this was a common marketing tone of voice? You're supposed to be persuaded to trust your salesman. I don't!
I bet your Chop-O-Matic cost more than 3.98. :lol: you should write to the company if they're still in existence and complain. baha ho ho. :ugeek: