Instructional Videos/Social Guidance Films

You can put interesting old PSA's and Instructional videos here. Anything similar!
Kitty

Re: Instructional Videos/Teaching Films

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:24 pm
I still think the soundtrack on this sounds suspiciously tongue-in-cheek, but I guess it's legit.
It's probably made to be that way, maybe to make it more entertaining.
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Post by donnie »

Dang it, I've lost that favorite of mine, the movie theatre short where the man demonstrates the kitchen implements. Has that been posted on the board anywhere? I remember it being discussed and asking for help finding it.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:30 pm
Dang it, I've lost that favorite of mine, the movie theatre short where the man demonstrates the kitchen implements. Has that been posted on the board anywhere? I remember it being discussed and asking for help finding it.
Aaaand here she is... in all her lovely infomercial glory! I'm really proud of myself with this one. Took a little while to find it, but I think this is the one you're looking for. Delicious Dishes. 🙂🙂🙂

https://archive.org/details/delicious_dishes
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Post by donnie »

Yay! Thanks so much!! :D I've downloaded this so I won't lose it again. What a classic! :)

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:18 am
Yay! Thanks so much!! :D I've downloaded this so I won't lose it again. What a classic! :)
You're welcome! Actually, I've been wanting to see it again for some time now, but never looked. I was really patting myself on the back. Hubby didn't get my sense of accomplishment. Lol

donnie

Post by donnie »

:lol: These things are important! ;)

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:36 am
:lol: These things are important! ;)
Absolutely! :lol:

donnie

Post by donnie »

Reading some comments on the video, I saw one person mention that the demonstrator is Arnold Morris, cousin of Ron Popeil, who later in the '90's was on some of the Ronco infomercials. But I don't think they are same—unless his appearance, voice, and manner of presentation changed a lot. Here Cousin Arnold. What do you think? https://youtu.be/72ZZ42Irxng?t=81

donnie

Post by donnie »

This one's pretty funny, and REALLY low-budget. :lol:
Question: Why the heck did they send that note to Chick??

"The Bully" - 1952
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uWjjhwlm_Q

donnie

Post by donnie »

Another rather bizarre one :D : Cindy Goes to a Party (1955)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvRU3-C5Fjo