Instructional Videos/Teaching Films

You can put interesting old PSA's and Instructional videos here. Anything similar!
Kitty

Re: Instructional Videos/Teaching Films

Post by Kitty » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:10 pm

Here's a bit of an odd one. It would be so perfect for mst3k to do. Poor Kitty.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Yt6cY_MqHMs
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Post by donnie » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:09 pm

That was an interesting one, and yes, kind of odd, but likable. One thing I found strange was that the girl's voice sounded like that of adult—they must have used a woman with a child-like voice, for some reason.

Kitty

Post by Kitty » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:27 am

Yes, I noticed that, too. Reminds me of that twilight zone episode The Bewitchin' Pool where they did that to the girl.
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Post by donnie » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:42 pm

Here's Ron Popeil selling the Chop-a-Matic.

Really a vintage informercial, but we'll classify it as an instructional film. ;)

Actually I'd like to have one of these.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGo7W_mbWCE

Kitty

Post by Kitty » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:50 pm

Oh! Do you remember the video with the man selling knives? That one was cool!

donnie

Post by donnie » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:52 pm

Yeah! Was just thinking about that one...

donnie

Post by donnie » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:54 pm

Just found a vintage Chop-o-matic on ebay and bought it—in the original box. :D

Kitty

Post by Kitty » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:58 pm

donnie wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:54 pm
Just found a vintage Chop-o-matic on ebay and bought it—in the original box. :D
Awesome! Post a picture when you get it! I wonder if they ever thought that so many years later their advertisement would still work :)

Kitty

Post by Kitty » Tue May 09, 2017 8:51 pm

I finally got around to watching that little infomercial.... My goodness, that guy was sure fake in tone, don't you think? I don't like him one bit. The way his voice trailed was kind of creepy. I suppose this was a common marketing tone of voice? You're supposed to be persuaded to trust your salesman. I don't!
I bet your Chop-O-Matic cost more than 3.98. :lol: you should write to the company if they're still in existence and complain. baha ho ho. :ugeek:

donnie

Post by donnie » Tue May 09, 2017 9:30 pm

Kitty wrote:
Tue May 09, 2017 8:51 pm
I finally got around to watching that little infomercial.... My goodness, that guy was sure fake in tone, don't you think? I don't like him one bit. The way his voice trailed was kind of creepy. I suppose this was a common marketing tone of voice? You're supposed to be persuaded to trust your salesman. I don't!
I bet your Chop-O-Matic cost more than 3.98. :lol: you should write to the company if they're still in existence and complain. baha ho ho. :ugeek:
Yes, mine cost more than $3.98 all right (but not all that much more, considering inflation). However, when it came I found a part was missing, the bottom-most sleeve. It still operates without it, but I can't put large things like eggs in it. I need to contact the seller and ask if they happen to have it...probably pointless though...

I didn't find him unlikable, but you know what his voice and delivery sounds like to me? A carnival barker or patent medicine salesman of the old days ("Step right up folks...tellya what I'm gonna do...."). I wonder if he learned his sales technique in an actual setting like that. Later on in the 80's and 90's, he had a more natural sales presentation on the Ronco informercials.