Instructional Videos/Social Guidance Films

You can put interesting old PSA's and Instructional videos here. Anything similar!
Kitty

Re: Instructional Videos/Teaching Films

Post by Kitty »

Here's a neat one on Developing Self Reliance from 1951.
https://youtu.be/v9iflUfYRTc
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Post by donnie »

Boy, that index card turned out to be handy, didn't it. It took me awhile to recognize that the guy playing Allen is the same one in the classic dating one.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 9:28 pm
It took me awhile to recognize that the guy playing Allen is the same one in the classic dating one.
Ha! I did not notice that at all! You're good!
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Post by donnie »

Kitty wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 9:38 pm
donnie wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 9:28 pm
It took me awhile to recognize that the guy playing Allen is the same one in the classic dating one.
Ha! I did not notice that at all! You're good!
And he’s still dating the same girl in this one - Ann. :)

donnie

Post by donnie »

I like this little short from 1930. It attempts to encourage spending money to help the economy.
Listen To Some Words of Wisdom
https://youtu.be/iAc_B3qsqMM

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

That's a bit of an odd one. I understand the message, but all I could think of when the man started ordering was "Sheesh! Going a bit overboard!" and who orders their pie with their meal? :lol:

donnie

Post by donnie »

Kitty wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:20 am
That's a bit of an odd one. I understand the message, but all I could think of when the man started ordering was "Sheesh! Going a bit overboard!" and who orders their pie with their meal? :lol:
Maybe that was a 1930 thing. :) He seemed to get talked into ordering the huge meal awfully fast. He said he felt great after it. I think I would have felt bloated. :lol:

One thing I think this is interesting about this is that it promotes things that are generally discouraged today such as overeating and spending money instead of being prudent and saving. But they were in the dire straights of the depression, and I suppose the point was a good one that a lot of what promotes an economic downturn is psychological.

I wonder how milk and crackers would taste?

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Here's a fascinating short film from 1919 on How Animated Cartoons Are Made.

https://youtu.be/7W2KItoS3Ww

donnie

Post by donnie »

That's a good one. :) I like the score, too.

donnie

Post by donnie »

This is kind of an odd one. The filmmakers don't seem to know exactly what lesson they want to teach. And Jeff seems awfully slow on the uptake. I wonder if he'll realize it when he's married? :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDrH73Jdz48&list=PL_hX5wLdhf_LJHvbd4-Dv-rXOGG63RvCF