What game is this?

Fun and Games!
Kitty

What game is this?

Post by Kitty »

I'm trying to figure out the name to a toy we had as kids in the 90s. Its very simple. It has a square cardboard board and you'd hold it up, and the object of the game was to keep a spinning top spinning as long as possible. Anyone know what I'm talking about here?
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

BettyLouSpence

Re: What game is this?

Post by BettyLouSpence »

No, I'm afraid that doesn't ring any bells!
I wish my life was a non-stop Hollywood movie show
a fantasy world of celluloid villains and heroes
Because celluloid heroes never feel any pain
and celluloid heroes never really die...

donnie

Post by donnie »

No, me either. Do you have any inkling as to anything about the name? And would this be early-mid-late '90s?

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2023 1:42 pm
No, me either. Do you have any inkling as to anything about the name? And would this be early-mid-late '90s?
This would be mid 90s, and I think it's something along the lines of "crazy" "marvelous" "dizzy" or "hypnosis". Not very helpful, I'm sure. :lol: The board was purple and had a spiral design.
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Post by donnie »

I looked in the toy section of a '96 Sears Christmas Catalog on Internet Archive, hoping to see it, but no luck. :(

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

I figured it out!!! It was Topnosis. I'm pretty pumped to have figured it out. 😆Thanks for trying to help.
Attachments
2-topnosis-a_orig.jpg
2-topnosis-a_orig.jpg (55.28 KiB) Viewed 1040 times

donnie

Post by donnie »

:db: Glad you found it! Looks like fun! I'd probably like this, because I love to spin tops. :D

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:51 am
:db: Glad you found it! Looks like fun! I'd probably like this, because I love to spin tops. :D
I was hoping to get another, but now it's only made on demand by the creator, and is more than I would want to pay.

donnie

Post by donnie »

I wonder if a used one might turn up on eBay or Etsy?

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:33 am
I wonder if a used one might turn up on eBay or Etsy?
They're available. I'd just have to think about it. I could always just get a good top and some wood 😂

Apparently they were exclusively sold at FAO Schwarz, so it's kind of cool that I know exactly where they got it. 😀