What Podcasts Do You Listen To?

Fun and Games!
Kitty

Re: What Podcasts Do You Listen To?

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 9:10 am
There's a loud noise while you're asleep, and you incorporate the noise into your dream. But the really weird thing is, it's like you had foreknowledge of the sound in your dream.
I'm not sure about the foreknowledge thing, but one time when I was living at home, I was sleeping late and had a dream about the Titanic movie and I was singing My Heart Will Go On. I woke up and my mom was blasting the song on the CD player downstairs. :lol:
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Post by donnie »

:lol:

By the way, on the hearing your name being called, I read somewhere that that's a common phenomenon, and seems like there was some explanation of what caused it, but I can't remember what it was.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 1:48 pm
:lol:

By the way, on the hearing your name being called, I read somewhere that that's a common phenomenon, and seems like there was some explanation of what caused it, but I can't remember what it was.
I love talking about stuff like that! Dreams, weird brain things, etc. Fascinating!
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

https://pca.st/podcast/f87b7850-f008-01 ... 5400c11844

I don't think I've mentioned this yet. This is a lovely podcast that features music from 100 years ago. The podcast started in 2006, so it begins in 1906. They're bite sized episodes, which is great for those who don't exactly have time for long podcasts. He sprinkles in some interesting info between songs. I think this would definitely be of interest. The podcast is literally called Music From 100 Years ago, and I'm sure you can get it on any preferred podcatcher.

Let me know what you think.

donnie

Post by donnie »

Thanks for the link. Sounds interesting, I'm a little confused by the descriptions of the episodes, though. It seems the ones I'm looking at feature much newer music with artists from the 1940's and '50's, for instance; I don't see any recordings that look like they're from 1923—?

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2023 9:03 pm
I don't see any recordings that look like they're from 1923—?
I started from the beginning relatively recently, so I didn't realize he decided to jump around at some point. It looks like he does decades now and doesn't go in order. If you go to the oldest episodes and go forward, you'll hear some really cool old stuff. Scrolling through, I see jazz from the 20s, and I also see there are multiple episodes with music from 1929.

donnie

Post by donnie »

Ok, thanks! :)

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

The first story on this episode is called Don't Kill Santa!! This is a wonderful storytelling podcast called The Apple Seed. It is well worth the listen. It's one of my favorite podcasts.

https://podcastaddict.com/the-apple-see ... /168369047

donnie

Post by donnie »

I listened to that. Nice little story! And I could identify with it because—when I was a small child, we also lived in a house that had a heater that blocked up the fireplace. :) And my parents always let be known that it was ok, Santa would come in the door. (We didn't require signs. ;) )

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

donnie wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 11:01 pm
I listened to that. Nice little story! And I could identify with it because—when I was a small child, we also lived in a house that had a heater that blocked up the fireplace. :) And my parents always let be known that it was ok, Santa would come in the door. (We didn't require signs. ;) )
I'm glad you listened to it!!! The Apple Seed has a lot of great stories like that. If you listen to the other story on that episode, I think you might like that, too. It's Christmassy! :)