:lol:
Attachments
Image-1.png
Image-1.png (210.72 KiB) Viewed 4264 times

Kitty

Re: Quote of the Day

Post by Kitty »

Ooohkayyyy
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

dachshundonstilts

Post by dachshundonstilts »

Reminds me of another Franklin quote: "A learned blockhead is a greater blockhead than an ignorant one."
"I feel so low, old chap, that I could get on stilts and walk under a dachshund." - Monty, It (1927)

donnie

Post by donnie »

dachshundonstilts wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:21 pm
Reminds me of another Franklin quote: "A learned blockhead is a greater blockhead than an ignorant one."
Franklin is such a fount of great quotes. I'm continually amazed at his wisdom. I think if we took just half of his advice, we'd have almost all our problems solved—personally, and as a society.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

"If you have to ask what jazz is, you'll never know." - Louis Armstrong
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Post by donnie »

Kitty wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:32 am
"If you have to ask what jazz is, you'll never know." - Louis Armstrong
Yeah! That’s one of my favorites. :)

dachshundonstilts

"Gradually it was disclosed to me that the line separating good and evil passes not through states, nor between classes, nor between political parties either -- but right through every human heart -- and through all human hearts."

- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
"I feel so low, old chap, that I could get on stilts and walk under a dachshund." - Monty, It (1927)

dachshundonstilts

"Say, sir, in your madness, that you own the sun, the stars, the moon; but do not say that you own a man, endowed with a soul that shall live immortal, when sun and moon and stars have passed away."

- Sen. Charles Sumner, “The Barbarism of Slavery” (1860)

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Great one!

donnie

Post by donnie »

"The person who can bring the spirit of laughter into a room is indeed blessed."
- Bennett Cerf