Quote of the Day

Fun and Games!
Kitty

Re: Quote of the Day

Post by Kitty »

:lol:

This one is a silly one from the tv show Futurama.

"I am the man with no name. Zapp Brannigan at your service."
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Post by donnie »

:lol:

donnie

Post by donnie »

"Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young."
- Henry Ford

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

One glance at a book and you hear the voice of another person, perhaps someone dead for 1,000 years. To read is to voyage through time. - Carl Sagan

I like this quote because this is exactly why I love to collect antique books. It's the closest to the original writer as we can get.
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Post by donnie »

Yes, indeed, so true.

And since we're talking about books, here's something from another great quote source, the one and only Groucho Marx:

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read."

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Hey! Doesn't that remind you of Snapper Snick the Crooning Crocodile!

donnie

Post by donnie »

Yes :D

"Content makes poor men rich, discontent makes rich men poor."
-Benjamin Franklin

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. - Maya Angelou

donnie

Post by donnie »

That's a great one! And so true—and so easy to forget. :)

donnie

Post by donnie »

Another good one from Maya Angelou:

"If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude. Don’t complain."