Quote of the Day

Fun and Games!
donnie

Quote of the Day

Post by donnie »

I love quotes—nuggets of wisdom, some words that make you think, that bring life into better focus... sometimes something that brings a laugh. I've got a collection I've been amassing for years and am always finding new ones. (I only wish I could remember and apply them all!)

I'll try to post a favorite here each day that I'd like to share. Join in with any of your own! :)

Today's:
"Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory."
- Dr. Seuss

Kitty

Re: Quote of the Day

Post by Kitty »

Great idea for a thread. I love it! This one is not really a direct quote; someone made an auto-tuned song from things that Mr. Rogers said throughout the years on his show. It perfectly embodies the things he tried to teach. I just bought a t-shirt on Amazon with this quote-- I can't wait to get it! It even has the Mister Rogers logo on it. Anyway, the quote is:

"You can grow ideas in the garden of your mind."
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

donnie

Post by donnie »

:D

donnie

Post by donnie »

"We all have only one life to live on earth. We have the choice of encouraging others to demean this life or to cherish it in creative, imaginative ways.

- Fred Rogers :D

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

😃😃
You trying to tell me you didn't hear that shriek? That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does. - Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

I've always liked this one.

Anytime I see something screech across a room and latch onto someone's neck, and the guy screams and tries to get it off, I have to laugh, because what is that thing? - Jack Handy

donnie

Post by donnie »

Kitty wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:41 pm
I've always liked this one.

Anytime I see something screech across a room and latch onto someone's neck, and the guy screams and tries to get it off, I have to laugh, because what is that thing? - Jack Handy
I don't quite understand this one. :?: (Remember, I have to have a lot of things in the modern world (?) explained to me. :D )

Here's another from Mr. Rogers: "The greatest gift you can give anybody is the gift of your honest self."

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

I love all those Mr. Rogers quotes! I think the Jack Handy one is supposed to just be weird.

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

We are like butterflies who flutter for a day and think it is forever. - Carl Sagan

donnie

Post by donnie »

That's a good one. So true, isn't it?

Benjamin Franklin is probably my favorite quote-maker of all. I have an almanac app on my phone that pops up one of his aphorisms from Poor Richard's Almanack each day, and I always enjoy seeing those. He had so much wisdom. Here is a good one:

"Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain—and most fools do." :lol: